Why choose IMI Editing Courses
A Film Editor’s job involves technical as well as intellectual skills. It starts with seeing the processed film with production personnel to analyze, evaluate, select the shots and arrange the film in a sequential order in rhythmical succession of scenes to convey a desired message to an audience.
IMI offers high level of professional film editing courses with latest equipment used in the industry. The goal of our Editing Diploma program is to empower students with all editing skills necessary to artfully and cinematically structure a story for a big and small screen.
2 Months Weekend short Course in Editing
6 Months Full Time Certificate Course in Editing
12 Months Full Time Diploma Course in Editing
Right Course For You?
• Total 1600 hours of Tuition.
• Specialization in Film Direction/Producing
• Average 20 students in each discipline.
• Admission is purely on the basis of merit.
• Each student independently makes close to 12 film projects and performs all key roles while crewing in 30 other films.
• Training on Sony Full HD PXW-FS7 Super 35 Camera, 4K Arri Alexa XT Studio Camera & 5K RED Epic. Editing experience on nonlinear AVID Xpress Pro & Final Cut Pro X.
• Three months internship with industry contacts.
• Each student makes final Diploma film with 35 mm 4k Arri Alexa Camera in key-role as Director/Producer/ Scriptwriter/ Editor.
• A Diploma & demo reel of final film are awarded.
• Recommended for those who want to kick start a full time independent career in Film & TV industry.
• Students gain fast track entry in Sr. positions in creative or technical team of Film Production Companies.
• Total 800 hours of Tuition.
• Multi-disciplinary course, specializing in narrative fiction as well as non-fiction film making for television.
• Average20 students in each discipline.
• Admission is purely on the basis of merit.
• Each student independently makes close to 6 films projects & performs all key roles while crewing in 15 other films.
• Training on broadcast level Canon C-500 Camera & Editing experience on nonlinear AVID Xpress Pro & FCP
• Industry tour for first hand exposure.
• Each student makes Certificate film on Sony PMW-300 Camera & Documentary with HD Camcorder.
• A Certificate & demo-reel of final film are awarded.
• Recommended for those who want to build a strong foundation for working way up in the Film & TV industry.
• Film making students gain fast track entry for Assistants jobs in the Television industry.
• IMI Certificate students of Cinematography/ Editing/ Scriptwriting/ Producing can join as an Assistant to Sr. Industry Professionals.
Short Term Program
• Total 80 hours of Tuition.
• Learn Film Making while working / studying.
• Film making Foundation program where you make films from day one.
• Average20 students in each batch.
• Admissions open for all, No previous experience of film making required.
• Students write, shoot and edit 4 short films under professional guidance.
• Final film of 15 – 20 minutes on broadcast level full HD Camera & post production on AVID Xpress.
• A Certificate and DVD show reel of final film awarded on successful completion of the course.
• Recommended for those curious to know working behind camera or want to test self-aptitude.
• Provides creative and collaborative skills that can be useful in any vocation.
• Great overview for those consider higher education in film making or want to seriously move into entertainment industry.
• Students gain entry level job in Production house/ TV Channels.
Learn by Doing
Learn Editing by doing practical from day one
- The aim is to give you an understanding of the value of the craft and of the importance of communicating with the other departments and technicians involved during the production, in order to create the best material for the cutting room or edit suite & master the technical challenges of joining one shot with another, a series of shots into a sequence and a number of sequences into a visual narrative.
Build your portfolio
Edit short films of your own & assist others in students’ film projects as a crew member
- Not only will you learn to edit film and video on some of the best gear in the industry, but you also experience the production process and asset management in the same way industry professional do.
- The curriculum of Film Editing includes Apple Pro Training Series in Final Cut Pro by Apple Certified Trainer.
Achieve your goals
Students gain an entry-level job in Production house / TV Channels
- Students edit their final film shot on 4K Arri 35mm Alexa Cameras with trained, professional actors & they complete its entire post-production on Final Cut Pro X and sound mixing in a professional studio.
- Upon successful completion of the program, each student receives a Certificate/ Diploma in accordance with industry expectations.
What kind of results can I expect from my education at IMI?
Do I need a degree to study at IMI?
How practical are the IMI courses?
Do you accept students who have no experience or background in filmmaking?
Can I specialize?
Do I need my own equipment to participate in the IMI Short-Term Program?
Cinema has always been magic for me and I always wanted to know how they do it.
In pursuit of which, I learnt animation, but was still trying to figure out the way to make my own film. Then I came to know about IMI from a friend. I joined in, mentally prepared that it won’t be of ‘real help’. But that was not the outcome. IMI helped me understand the very structural aspects of filmmaking, which I thought I knew. I knew the camera, but not the shots. I knew editing-software but not the editing principles. I knew the script but not scene detailing/shot division /continuity. Now I’m not disappointed why I could not make my earlier film; as it would have been half baked cookie. Thanks to IMI, today I’m a professional working in the industry’s top-notch production house.