Why choose IMI Film Production Courses
Best Producers are creative entrepreneurs
No one is more powerful in the film industry today than the Producer. The Producers have the duty and privilege of managing filmmaking decisions from conception to presentation.
Filmmaking is a collaborative art built on the real dialogue between creative partners and for this reason, the Producer’s job requires very sensitive, effective, creative and collaborative management of priorities.
The Producers are deeply involved in all the stages of filmmaking; from an idea to the distribution of a finished film; they obtain copyrights for an intellectual property, hire scriptwriters, employ a crew, cast and director, handle all the complex decision of film business including finance, negotiating contracts, film distribution and marketing strategies.
As a Producer, you will need to create production environments that enhance the director’s skills and provide the support they need to make the best possible film or television show. With IMI’s courses for film production, students learn the fundamental of filmmaking and develop the creative insight they need as Producers through classes in Screenwriting, Direction, and Editing. You will learn about using the camera and working with actors. Each student writes, shoots and edits the short project in order to understand the creative process of film production and how directors carry out their vision.
Subsequently, IMI faculty who are industry professionals teach students the essential detail of Film Production Management- preparation, script breakdown, pitching, talent search, realistic scheduling & budgeting, contingency planning, resource & unit management and tasks that will be undertaken in the Production Department under the supervision of First Assistant Director and Continuity Assistant.
All our Production students learn essential organizational skills on day to day basis when they are exposed to the entire process of resource acquisition & logistics management.
They gain first-hand experience finding the right talent or dealing with local authorities to obtain city permits for location shoots or arranging transportation requirements for crew & equipment or handling all production and post-production paperwork to ensure that all the elements are in line to meet the requirement of the shoot. Thus, students learn to make the real-world strategies and same time have opportunities to develop the industry contacts needed for successful production of a film or television program.
In addition to film production courses, students at IMI also study the basics of entertainment law- copyrights act, terms of various financing agreements, employment contracts, production & distribution agreements, underlying literary acquisitions, and negative mortgage deal.
Throughout the course, there is a regular Industry Speaker Series which features producers as well as directors, distributors, trade analysts, lawyers, production heads of TV channels to share their first-hand experience and “do & don’ts” of the entertainment business. These sessions are coupled with the screening of their films or television shows.
By the end of two semesters, students master the art of pitching and acquire the skill to write a business and marketing plan, including potential sources of financing & distribution, a budget along with detail production schedule, potential cast, revenue projections and marketing tactics for a feature film project.
2 Months Weekend short Course in Acting
6 Months Full Time Certificate Course in Acting
12 Months Full Time Diploma Course in Acting
Right Course For You?
• 12 Months of full – time intensive course.
• Total 1600 hours of Tuition.
• Specialization in Film Direction/Producing
• Average 20 students in each discipline.
• Admission is purely on the basis of merit.
• Each student independently makes close to 12 film projects and performs all key roles while crewing in 30 other films.
• Training on Sony Full HD PXW-FS7 Super 35 Camera, 4K Arri Alexa XT Studio Camera & 5K RED Epic. Editing experience on nonlinear AVID Xpress Pro & Final Cut Pro X.
• Three months internship with industry contacts.
• Each student makes final Diploma film with 35 mm 4k Arri Alexa Camera in key-role as Director/Producer/ Scriptwriter/ Editor.
• A Diploma & demo reel of final film are awarded.
• Recommended for those who want to kick start a full time independent career in Film & TV industry.
• Students gain fast track entry in Sr. positions in creative or technical team of Film Production Companies.
• 6 Months of full-time, intensive course.
• Total 800 hours of Tuition.
• Multi-disciplinary course, specializing in narrative fiction as well as non-fiction film making for television.
• Average20 students in each discipline.
• Admission is purely on the basis of merit.
• Each student independently makes close to 6 films projects & performs all key roles while crewing in 15 other films.
• Training on broadcast level Canon C-500 Camera & Editing experience on nonlinear AVID Xpress Pro & FCP
• Industry tour for first hand exposure.
• Each student makes Certificate film on Sony PMW-300 Camera & Documentary with HD Camcorder.
• A Certificate & demo-reel of final film are awarded.
• Recommended for those who want to build a strong foundation for working way up in the Film & TV industry.
• Film making students gain fast track entry for Assistants jobs in the Television industry.
• IMI Certificate students of Cinematography/ Editing/ Scriptwriting/ Producing can join as an Assistant to Sr. Industry Professionals.
Short Term Program
• Two Months Weekend course for working professionals & students who have other time commitments.
• Total 80 hours of Tuition.
• Learn Film Making while working / studying.
• Film making Foundation program where you make films from day one.
• Average20 students in each batch.
• Admissions open for all, No previous experience of film making required.
• Students write, shoot and edit 4 short films under professional guidance.
• Final film of 15 – 20 minutes on broadcast level full HD Camera & post production on AVID Xpress.
• A Certificate and DVD show reel of final film awarded on successful completion of the course.
• Recommended for those curious to know working behind camera or want to test self-aptitude.
• Provides creative and collaborative skills that can be useful in any vocation.
• Great overview for those consider higher education in film making or want to seriously move into entertainment industry.
• Students gain entry level job in Production house/ TV Channels.
Learn by Doing
Learn Filmmaking by doing practical from day one
- Write, shoot & edit4 short films of your own & assist others in students’ film projects as a crew member.
- Hands-on training to make fictional or documentary films
- Certificate and DVD showreel on successful completion of the course
- Recommended for all those film enthusiasts who want to know more about working behind the camera
Build your portfolio
Write, shoot & edit short films of your own & assist others in students’ film projects as a crew member
- Informal screening of your final film for your invited guests.
- Must for the students who want to test self-aptitude before applying for specialization in Film making.
- Regularly feedback by industry professionals
Achieve your goals
Students gain an entry-level job in Production house / TV Channels
- Provides a complete overview to those who want to make a considered choice about a career in a highly rewarding film & TV industry.
- Affordable Fees
- No previous experience of film making required
- Audience to Film Maker in Short period of time.
What kind of results can I expect from my education at IMI?
Do I need a degree to study at IMI?
How practical are the IMI courses?
Do you accept students who have no experience or background in filmmaking?
Can I specialize?
Do I need my own equipment to participate in the IMI Short-Term Program?
Cinema has always been magic for me and I always wanted to know how they do it.
In pursuit of which, I learnt animation, but was still trying to figure out the way to make my own film. Then I came to know about IMI from a friend. I joined in, mentally prepared that it won’t be of ‘real help’. But that was not the outcome. IMI helped me understand the very structural aspects of filmmaking, which I thought I knew. I knew the camera, but not the shots. I knew editing-software but not the editing principles. I knew the script but not scene detailing/shot division /continuity. Now I’m not disappointed why I could not make my earlier film; as it would have been half baked cookie. Thanks to IMI, today I’m a professional working in the industry’s top-notch production house.
Rangesh Sharma, Assistant Director
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or Request a Call back