Why choose IMI Courses of Acting
A good acting is not about delivering lines, but it is more of reacting, body movements, expressions, voice culture, scenes and character study, imagination exercises and the courses of Acting at IMI consider all these important elements.
The job of an actor is to understand the unique point of view of the character and without saying a word, convince the audience of the character’s complexity. An actor has to come off authentic and same time must surprise the audience. Otherwise, the actor becomes boring and predictable.
All these require a physical and emotional skill set necessary to enter into the craft of acting. And more so, if you are acting for film & television where it has its own unique set of technical, logistical, and creative challenges which can be honed over time only through training and experience in front of the camera. All the great film actors have these techniques mastered.
Unlike many other acting schools in India, Institute of Moving Images has a comprehensive program that heavily incorporates on-camera learning.
The acting courses at IMI are essentially designed to equip you with advance level of physical, vocal, mental and emotional skills which lay a firm foundation to become a successful actor.
2 Months Weekend short Course in Acting
3 Months Full Time Certificate Course in Acting
6 Months Full Time Diploma Course in Acting
Right Course For You?
• 12 Months of full – time intensive course.
• Total 1600 hours of Tuition.
• Specialization in Film Direction/Producing
• Average 20 students in each discipline.
• Admission is purely on the basis of merit.
• Each student independently makes close to 12 film projects and performs all key roles while crewing in 30 other films.
• Training on Sony Full HD PXW-FS7 Super 35 Camera, 4K Arri Alexa XT Studio Camera & 5K RED Epic. Editing experience on nonlinear AVID Xpress Pro & Final Cut Pro X.
• Three months internship with industry contacts.
• Each student makes final Diploma film with 35 mm 4k Arri Alexa Camera in key-role as Director/Producer/ Scriptwriter/ Editor.
• A Diploma & demo reel of final film are awarded.
• Recommended for those who want to kick start a full time independent career in Film & TV industry.
• Students gain fast track entry in Sr. positions in creative or technical team of Film Production Companies.
• 6 Months of full-time, intensive course.
• Total 800 hours of Tuition.
• Multi-disciplinary course, specializing in narrative fiction as well as non-fiction film making for television.
• Average20 students in each discipline.
• Admission is purely on the basis of merit.
• Each student independently makes close to 6 films projects & performs all key roles while crewing in 15 other films.
• Training on broadcast level Canon C-500 Camera & Editing experience on nonlinear AVID Xpress Pro & FCP
• Industry tour for first hand exposure.
• Each student makes Certificate film on Sony PMW-300 Camera & Documentary with HD Camcorder.
• A Certificate & demo-reel of final film are awarded.
• Recommended for those who want to build a strong foundation for working way up in the Film & TV industry.
• Film making students gain fast track entry for Assistants jobs in the Television industry.
• IMI Certificate students of Cinematography/ Editing/ Scriptwriting/ Producing can join as an Assistant to Sr. Industry Professionals.
Short Term Program
• Two Months Weekend course for working professionals & students who have other time commitments.
• Total 80 hours of Tuition.
• Learn Film Making while working / studying.
• Film making Foundation program where you make films from day one.
• Average20 students in each batch.
• Admissions open for all, No previous experience of film making required.
• Students write, shoot and edit 4 short films under professional guidance.
• Final film of 15 – 20 minutes on broadcast level full HD Camera & post production on AVID Xpress.
• A Certificate and DVD show reel of final film awarded on successful completion of the course.
• Recommended for those curious to know working behind camera or want to test self-aptitude.
• Provides creative and collaborative skills that can be useful in any vocation.
• Great overview for those consider higher education in film making or want to seriously move into entertainment industry.
• Students gain entry level job in Production house/ TV Channels.
Learn by Doing
Learn Acting by doing practical from day one
- Total immersion in Acting for Film & TV
- Affordable Fees
- A serious & professional learning environment
- The integrated approach to learning
- Acting students first exposed to the filmmaking process
- Rigorous training in all advance acting methods
- Series of acting exercises & projects which are experiential
- In-depth knowledge & experience in the art & craft of Acting
for Film & Television
Build your portfolio
- Students write, produce & act in a number of filmed projects
- On-location Acting opportunity in IMI Direction student films
- Regular feedback by faculty of industry professionals
- Special emphasis on the business aspects of acting
- First-hand industry exposure through one month on-set internship
- Diploma and Show-reel on successful completion of the course
- Informal screening of your final film for your invited guests
- Ideal for those looking for advanced training in multiple- modern& classical approach to acting, script interpretation & character formation
Achieve your goals
- Builds a strong foundation for respectable entry into highly
lucrative Film & Television industry.
- Develops the ability to work independently & collaboratively in a high-pressure shooting set
- Students feel confident to take up any Acting assignments
- Recommended for those who seriously want to pursue acting as a career.
- Helps to develop valuable contacts to a network of filmmaker
- Career Guidance & access to top Casting agencies
What kind of results can I expect from my education at IMI?
Do I need a degree to study at IMI?
How practical are the IMI courses?
Do you accept students who have no experience or background in filmmaking?
Can I specialize?
Do I need my own equipment to participate in the IMI Short-Term Program?
Cinema has always been magic for me and I always wanted to know how they do it.
In pursuit of which, I learnt animation, but was still trying to figure out the way to make my own film. Then I came to know about IMI from a friend. I joined in, mentally prepared that it won’t be of ‘real help’. But that was not the outcome. IMI helped me understand the very structural aspects of filmmaking, which I thought I knew. I knew the camera, but not the shots. I knew editing-software but not the editing principles. I knew the script but not scene detailing/shot division /continuity. Now I’m not disappointed why I could not make my earlier film; as it would have been half baked cookie. Thanks to IMI, today I’m a professional working in the industry’s top-notch production house.
Rangesh Sharma, Assistant Director
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or Request a Call back